Warm up with a delicious white chili recipe from the Betty Crocker team chili cook off.
Spice this chili any way you like it — this recipe is a great way to warm up on a cool day. This soup freezes well and is perfect for lunches. No white beans in the pantry? Pinto beans, pink beans, or black-eyed peas work just as well. We like to serve this with Utz Multigrain Tortilla Chips on the side.
This is easy to make in the Instant Pot! I’ve added info on how to do that below the conventional slow-cooker directions.
- 1 Pound of Boneless Chicken Cutlets, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Large Onion
- Jalapeno Pepper, minced small and seeded
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Cans of Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Cups of Chicken Broth + extra for sauteing (if needed)
- 1 Teaspoon of Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon of Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon of Dried Cilantro
- Vegetable Cooking Spray
- 3 Quart Slow Cooker
- Spray a saute pan liberally with vegetable cooking spray. Add chicken, onion, garlic and pepper to pan and cook until chicken is browned. If contents start to stick. add some extra chicken broth to prevent sticking. When done, put into slow cooker.
- Mash 1 cup of the drained beans in bowl and add ½ cup of broth. Stir this and remaining beans with broth into slow cooker with chicken. Add all the spices and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for about 3 to 3½ hours.
- In the last 20 minutes of cooking, take lid off of slow cooker and stir. Leave lid off for this 20 minute time frame. Stir and serve. This makes 4 large bowls at 0 Freestyle points per serving. To keep at 0 Points, you can add up to ¼ cup of Kraft Fat Free Cheddar Cheese (per bowl), up to 1½ tablespoons of fat free sour cream (per bowl) and all the 0 Point Salsa you would like. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 254