Turkish Green Beans is a simple delicious side dish or meatless main dish. You need fresh green beans, fresh chopped tomatoes, onions, as a spice salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, and olive oil. Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature. Easy to make! Goes with everything! You should try this as soon as possible if you want to eat your fingers!
These Turkish Green Beans are inspired by a friend’s recent trip name Jack to Turkey. He ate these beans on his trip and loved it. She told me that I had to make it. I am so glad that I did! This is a new favorite flavor meal at our house. Fresh green beans, tomatoes and onions boiled in olive oil until soft. Such a simple recipe that packs so much flavor… You can serve this amazing Turkish green beans as a vegetarian main dish or as a side dish you all your favorite meals.
How to Make Turkish Green Beans
This is a very easy vegetable side dish to make with only a few simple ingredients. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add diced onions to the pan and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the flavors of all the food meld together.
Mix in chopped tomatoes, salt, dried oregano and pepper; cook for 2 minutes. Add water and fresh green beans, mixing them gently to incorporate. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 45 to 60 minutes until the water is absorbed and the beans are soft. Transfer the beans to a platter or serving bowl and garnish with fresh parsley.
- 2 diced onions
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 or 3 chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 lb fresh green trimmed beans
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the diced onions and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until browned and soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper, and dried oregano. Cook them for 2 minutes.,
- Add the water and green beans and gently mix together. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 45 to 60 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the beans are soft. Check the juice of meal for additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Transfer to wide serving plate and garnish with fresh parsley.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155