A very simple recipe with a wonderful sea flavor, which hides some little secrets for a perfect result. Pulpy clams, sprinkled with parsley and the delicious creamy sauce created naturally with the starch from the pasta make spaghetti with clams a real delicacy. It is a perfect dish for any occasion, from dinner with friends to the Sunday dish to the perfect course for Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve dinner .
- Spaghetti 320 g
- Garlic 1 clove
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Clams 1 kg
- Parsley 1 bunch
- Black pepper to taste
- Coarse salt for clams to taste
- To prepare spaghetti with clams, start by cleaning . Make sure there are no broken or empty shells, they will be discarded. Then move them to beat them against the sink, or possibly on a cutting board 1 . This operation is important to verify that there is no sand inside: the healthy bivalves will remain closed, those full of sand will open 1 . Then place the clams in a colander placed on a bowl and rinse them 2 . Place the colander in a bowl and add plenty of coarse salt. Soak the clams for 2-3 hours 3 .
- Once the time has elapsed, the clams will have purged any residual sand. In a saucepan, heat a little oil 4 . Then add a clove of garlic and, while this is flavored, drain the clams well, rinse them and dip them in the hot pan 5 . Close with the lid and cook for a few minutes on high heat 6 .
- The clams will open with heat, then shake the pan from time to time until they are completely open 7 . As soon as they are all open, immediately turn off the heat, otherwise the clams will cook too much. Collect the juice by draining the bivalves and don't forget to discard the garlic 8 . In the meantime, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water and drain them halfway through cooking 9 .
- Then pour the sauce into a pan 10 , add the spaghetti and continue cooking using a little cooking water. In this way you will risotto the pasta. At the end of cooking also add the clams and chopped parsley 11 . One last flash and the spaghetti with clams are ready: serve immediately 12 !
It is recommended to eat freshly made spaghetti with clams, but if you wish, you can keep them in the refrigerator for a maximum of day, closed with an airtight container. If you do not immediately consume the clams, you can keep them in the refrigerator in a large bowl filled with cold water or wrapped in a damp cloth.
For the recipe of spaghetti with clams it is advisable to use excellent clams, to savor the delicious taste and freshness of the product! If you want to add some color, add some tomatoes to the dressing with the clams. In place of the pepper you can try frying some fresh red pepper! Finally, we suggest you also try spaghetti n.5 or spaghettoni instead of spaghetti n.3!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 300