This recipe was passed on to me by my dear friend, Kelly Santoro. She found it in the Costco magazine but the recipe originally comes from food writer Alice Currah of the blog and book, Savory Sweet Life. The dish is a crowd pleaser for all ages. It’s the sauce that makes it so good. My 10-year-old son, upon taking a second helping of the broccoli I served alongside, answered my surprised look with, “Mom, this sauce would make anything taste good.” I have to agree: I was tempted to forget the chicken entirely and just have the sauce as soup!
- 2 Pounds of Skinless Chicken Tenders
- 4 Tablespoons of Lime Juice
- 4 Tablespoons of Fish Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Huy Fong Asian Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Truvia Natural Brown Sugar Blend
- Lime wedges
- 8" Bamboo Skewers
- Combine chicken with lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar blend, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce together in bowl.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Thread chicken on skewers and grill over medium high heat. Turn during cooking to brown evenly.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until brown and cooked through.
- Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.
- This recipe serves about 8 people at 0 Freestyle Points per serving.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 400