- 2.5 kg roast pork with rinds (shoulder or leg)
- 1 TL Cluster
- 15 Pfefferkörner
- 0,5 Sellerieknolle
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 carnations
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar
- Place the roast pork skin-up in a roasting pan and pour 1 liter of boiling water over it. Turn over to the rind side and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Make sure that the roast does not stick to the bottom of the roaster.
- Remove the roaster from the plate, turn the roast over, let it cool and cut the rind with a diamond knife. Important: do not cut into the meat.
- 1 teaspoon of salt and caraway, as well as roughly crush the peppercorns in the mortar. Peel the vegetables, cut them into large pieces and add them to the meat along with the spices.
- Cook the roast for about 2 hours (200 ° C, top / bottom heat) until it is golden brown and crispy. Make sure that the bottom of the roaster is covered with liquid.
- In the meantime, mix honey with vinegar and stir until the honey has dissolved. Brush the roast 5–10 minutes before the end of the cooking time and continue baking until the crust has a nice caramel shade.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50