The filling is based on ricotta and boiled spinach, but you can also change it by replacing the vegetables with smoked salmon or cooked ham. Pretty and tasty, they will be snapped up! Their flavor is the same as that of a savory pie, but in a miniature format. You can also prepare them in advance and freeze them raw. To use them, just take them out of the freezer and bake them in the oven, without thawing them first.
Prepare them for the New Year’s Eve Dinner, accompanying them with a FORTUNE COCKTAIL
- 250 g Spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 2 puff pastry rolls (rectangular)
- 250 g Ricotta
- 100 g parmesan (or Parmesan, grated)
- 1 yolk (for brushing)
- Salt to taste
- To prepare the SALTINI RICOTTA E SPINACI started with the preparation of the filling:Boil the spinach (fresh or frozen) in about one cup of water. Add salt.When they are cooked, drain them from the water and let them cool down, then squeeze them with your hands and put them in a bowl.Chop them with a knife and then add the ricotta and grated cheese. Stir and mix well. You have to get a dry and creamy mixture.
- Unroll the puff pastry and cut them into 3 rectangles.On each rectangle lay, with the help of a piping bag, a strip of spinach dough.
- Next, lift the other half of the rectangle until it covers the filling and forms a cylinder.Proceed in this way until all the ingredients are finished.
- When all the cylinders are ready, cut them into small pieces about 3 cm.
- Make two transverse cuts on each SALTINO with the help of a sharp knife.
- Place the RICOTTA AND SPINACH SALATINI on a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush them with the yolk together with a drop of milk.
- At the end, cook the RICOTTA AND SPINACH SALTINI in a hot oven at 200 ° for 15 minutes. They must become golden and swollen.Remove from the oven the SALTINI RICOTTA E SPINACI and serve them lukewarm or cold.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 300