This aromatic fried rice will be on your table in 20 minutes – either as a side dish with meat or as a vegetarian main course. For me, the latter is becoming more common – and not just for ethical reasons. I have an aversion to cruel “producer conditions”, but also my sense of taste has changed.
That means: I don’t like most meat anymore. I find pork to be very creepy. I don’t like the consistency of roe deer, deer & co. And turkey either, wild boar strangely. We buy beef as eighth pasture beef – I find that (sometimes) delicious, organic chicken and fish too. Where I usually poke around or sort out meat, I’m not “picky” at all with vegetables. Everything goes (well, except beetroot) and whether Middle Eastern, German, Mediterranean or – as here – prepared in the Chinatown way .
Tofu provides a good portion of protein in this delicious stir-fry dish, the peanuts for an interesting crunch. Spring rolls, peanut sauce or sweet chili sauce go well with it, if you like, you can also prepare meat skewers. Without meat, it’s a real penny saver – because leftover rice can be used so wonderfully.
- 500 g of cooked rice (cold, from the previous day or prepared from 250 g of raw parboiled rice)
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 200 g tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten and salted
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, about 1 cm, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 125 g frozen peas, thawed
- 50 g peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch of spring onions, roughly chopped
- If you don't have any leftover rice: cook the rice according to the package instructions, drain and refrigerate. Mix the hoisin and soy sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry the tofu cubes in a brown bowl. Then add the eggs to the pan with another oil, let them stand, tear them into small pieces and add them to the tofu.
- Heat the last tablespoon of oil, briefly sauté the ginger and garlic. Fry peas and peanuts for a few minutes, then add the rice and pour in the sauce mixture. Fry while stirring until everything is hot, then mix in the tofu and eggs and continue to fry briefly.
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onions to serve.
Any rest can be wonderfully briefly warmed up in the microwave and you have a complete meal again ...
If you like this post, feel free to click the share buttons below or leave a comment here on the blog. Did you cook / bake an American recipe from me? Then show me the result - if you label it with the hashtag #recipesofchef , I find it very easy
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 200