We are here with an excellent soup recipe that will help your craving for classic flavors while warming up your work in the autumn and winter months. Onion soup!
If you are looking for a soup that is as practical as it is nutritious, this recipe is for you!
INSTANT POT ONION SOUP
When you are at your most fussy or most tired, you will prefer this soup, which will help you feel good as well as practical in the day.
WHAT IS ONION SOUP?
Actually, this flavor from 18th century France is also known as french onion soup. Nobody remembers onion soup older than this.
Do I Need to Caramelize Onions?
French onion soup is a recipe that contains depth and flavor, and it takes this feature from completely caramelized onions.
If you do not like caramelized onions or do not have time to spare, you can transfer the onions directly to the pot without any processing. However, since this is the most crucial point of the recipe, you may not be able to reach the desired flavor.
Do I Have to Use Beef Broth?
Although you can use vegetable broth or chicken broth instead, you should not forget that it will greatly change the flavor of the soup.
Will I Use Wine?
Of course yes! It’s a french soup! You can use a cooking wine to get that deep flavor.
- 5 large onions
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 5 tbs butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Melt butter and mix with olive oil
- add onions.
- Cook on medium to low heat stirring often for 10-15 minutes.
- Continue cooking on low for 30 minutes.
- Add Caramelized onions to your instant pot.
- Stir in Broth and wine after that add bay leaf and thyme
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- In oven-safe bowls add onion soup.
- Add a slice of a Baggett Top with cheese
- Place in broiler until cheese melts about 2-3 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 19g