This Cream Cheese and Herb Stuffed Chicken is a fresh, flavorful, low carb dinner recipe that’s great any time of year. The chicken breasts are seasoned with salt and pepper and stuffed with cream cheese, garlic, dill, chives, and parsley. They’re then seared and baked to perfection! I love the comfort food feeling I get from the cheese and garlic combined with the brightness of the fresh herbs. Plus, each large serving is just 307 calories, 3 carbs, or 7 Green, 4 Blue or 4 Purple myWW SmartPoints!
Don’t be intimidated by stuffing the chicken, it only takes a few minutes. You’ll just slice the breasts in half to create a top and bottom, open them up, and spread the filling on one side. It’s so simple! I included a photo below so that you can see how it should appear.
Looking for more ways to make your chicken breasts delicious? Try my Cream Cheese Stuffed Everything Chicken, Pimento Cheese Stuffed Chicken, Baked Hot Barbecue Chicken Tenders, Mediterranean Topped Grilled Chicken, Cheesy Bacon BBQ Chicken, Crispy Cheddar Chicken with Cream Sauce, Barbecue Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders, Tuscan Olive Chicken, Fiesta Stuffed Chicken, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Baked Chicken Tenders, Bruschetta Topped Balsamic Chicken, Pesto Chicken Roulades, Lemon Pepper Iced Tea Chicken, Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing, Pizza Chicken Roulades, Thai Chicken Skewers, Chicken Piccata, Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and many, many more in the Chicken section of my recipe index!
Cream Cheese and Herb Stuffed Chicken
yield: 4 SERVINGS
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6 oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (24 oz total)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese with the parsley, dill, chives and garlic and mash together using a spatula until mixed.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice the breasts from the side (creating a top and bottom) almost all the way through. Open each breast at the slit. Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly amongst the four breasts and spread across the surface of one side (leaving the other half empty to fold over the filling). When all four breasts are topped on one side, fold the empty half over the filling to make a stuffed breast. Sprinkle each stuffed and closed breast with salt and pepper, flip them over and sprinkle the bottom side as well.
- In a large skillet, add the oil and bring over medium-high heat. Working in batches of two at a time so as not to crowd the pan, add the stuffed chicken breasts to the pan and cook for about 1-2 minute(s) until the bottoms are seared golden. Flip the breasts and cook for another minute on the other side to do the same. Transfer the breasts to the prepared baking sheet and place in the pre-heated oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes until chicken is fully cooked through.
MYWW SMARTPOINTS PER SERVING:(SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 7 SmartPoints/ Blue: 4 SmartPoints/ Purple: 4 SmartPoints
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTSPLUS:
8 per serving (PP calculated using the a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
307 calories, 3 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 14 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 40 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)