Broiled Scallops, cauliflower purée and curry oil recipe
It is recommended to use a thick-bottomed pan for puree. After melting the butter in the pan, add the cauliflower on it. Remove from heat and add milk until almost cooked but not discolored. Mix and add any seasonings you want.
Next, cut the cauliflower florets into small pieces with the help of a food processor. Melt the butter in the pan and add the cauliflower to it. Cook until it reaches an al dente consistency, and then separate the liquid portion from the strainer. Warm the cauliflower in this liquid, drain and add the chopped coriander.
- Large head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
- Red Onion, large cut into ½ inch wedges
- Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced almost into a paste
- 1 Tablespoon of Sweet Curry Powder
- 2 Pounds of Sea Scallops (medium)
- ½ cup of Fresh Cilantro
- ½ cup of Greek Yogurt
- Salt and Pepper
1. In a bowl, combine cauliflower florets, onions and garlic in one bowl.
2. Add desired amount of salt and pepper and curry powder and mix.
3. Olive oil is added and mixing is continued.
4. It is thrown into the oven preheated to 450 degrees and fried until it becomes very soft and brown on top. (Approximately 25 minutes)
5. Add oil to a large sauté pan and heat to high. The scallops are seasoned with salt and pepper and added to the pan.
6. Bake until golden brown (about 3 minutes).
7. Oil is applied to the upward facing sides of the scallops.
8. It is turned and cooked until it is no longer translucent.
9. Transfer to plate and covered with foil to keep warm.
10. The cauliflower is taken out of the oven and garnished with scallops.
11. Drizzle with yogurt and topped with coriander.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356