Scallops, cauliflower purée and curry oil recipe
For the cauliflower purée, melt butter in heavy based pan and add the cauliflower. Sweat with the lid on until almost cooked but with no colour then remove from the heat and add the milk. Blend and season to taste.
Next, take the florets from the cauliflower and pulse in a food processor into small pieces. Melt butter and water in a pan to make an emulsion and add the cauliflower. Cook until al dente, strain and reserve the liquid. When ready to use heat up the cauliflower in a little of the reserved liquid, drain, season to taste and finish with chopped coriander.
- Large head of Cauliflower, cut into florets
- Red Onion, large cut into ½ inch wedges
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced almost into a paste
- 1 Tablespoon of Sweet Curry Powder
- 2 Pounds of Sea Scallops (medium)
- ½ cup of Fresh Cilantro
- ½ cup of Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
- Lime Wedges, optional
- **Chicken Broth (if desired to prevent scallops from sticking to pan)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a large baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray inside hot oven.
- In a bowl combine cauliflower florets, onions and garlic in a bowl. Add in desired amount of salt and pepper and the curry powder and stir. Spray contents of bowl with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray and keep tossing to coat.
- Dump cauliflower mixture onto hot baking sheet and roast until very tender and there are brown spots on cauliflower. About 25 minutes.
- Spray a large saute pan with cooking spray and place over high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook (undisturbed) until they are browned on bottom (about 3 minutes). **If scallops stick to pan, you can drizzle a bit of chicken broth into the pan. Spray the side of scallops that are facing up with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray. Flip and cook until they are no longer translucent. About 1 more minute. Transfer to plate and cover with foil to keep hot.
- Take cauliflower out of oven and top with scallops. Drizzle with yogurt and top with cilantro. Serves 4 at 0 Freestyle Points.
- Optional: serve this with lime wedges to squeeze over food.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 356