Who knew you could use the air fryer to make chicken fajitas for dinner? All you have to do is combine sliced chicken, peppers and onions with fajita seasoning in the tray.
It’s no secret that I love my air fryer. Even though I’m not a fan of many fried foods, I love the way it cooks and crisps things quickly. This air fryer chicken fajita dinner comes together in a pinch and the chicken strips are so juicy in the middle.
On the weekdays, the faster I can get dinner on the table the better. Using the air fryer to make a meal is one of my favorite hacks. I make Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans, Stuffed Peppers, and Pork Loin all of the time. When I don’t feel like using the air fryer, I bust out my Instant Pot. You’ve got to try my Chicken Bowl with Potatoes and Mushrooms, Southwest Chicken Pasta, Orange Chicken and Coconut Rice, and my Chicken Breast From Frozen with Rice and Carrots.
See, I’ve got you covered for a few weeks with dinner ideas that are fast and easy.
It’s really easy to make these chicken fajitas. All you have to do is slice chicken, peppers, and onion and coat them with olive oil and my favorite fajita seasonings.
Once everything is coated with a little bit of oil and seasonings, you pour the mixture into the tray of the air fryer and let it cook for about 18 minutes. I always check my food in the air fryer frequently because it can cook quicker than you think from time to time.
When the chicken is cooked, the vegetables will be soft and you can wrap them in tortillas, make a rice bowl, or a salad. The perfect quick dinner or meal prep solution!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- For serving – tortillas, rice, lettuce, and any desired toppings
- Combine the sliced chicken and vegetables in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil, chili powder, salt, cumin, pepper, and cayenne.
- Toss to combine and pour the contents out into the tray of an air fryer.
- Slide the tray into the air fryer and cook at 360F for 16-20 minutes, checking and stirring halfway through.
- Once the fajitas have finished cooking, serve them in tortillas, over rice or over a salad with desired toppings.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 203